Our 341 is tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 341 is tomorrow

Our 341 hearing is tomorrow morning and confirmation hearing is later the same day. I wasn't feeling nervous about it until today. We already have a tentative ruling from the judge approving our lien strip, I am mostly worried about the payment increasing to something we can't afford.

Chances are everything will be fine! Read all the 341 stories on here... Usually the build up is much greater than the actual event.

Comment

Thanks. I was fine until today. Just some last minute jitters. I have read a few of the 341 stories and everyone's story is different. I have no idea what to expect.

Comment

Definitely update us - good luck!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Don't expect anything.

You'll walk in, answer a few most basic questions and be out in no time at all.

If your confirmation is set for tomorrow as well, I'd be more afraid of getting struck by a bolt of lightning than something going wrong there...

You'll do just fine.

The best of luck to you and please report back.
          No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will post an update tomorrow.

Comment

I'm the same way!! Our 341 is tomorrow at 1pm (or sometime after that) and our confirmation is the next day (the 20th). I'm terrified and I wasn't until today! Keep us posted please!!!
              Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
              49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

How'd it go?
                Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

update?!
                  Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                  New Job 7-2011

Comment

It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but we can make it work. My attorney was an hour late, so we got to sit nervously and watch other people's hearings while we waited. Some went quick and smooth and some people (or their attorneys) got beat up pretty badly. We were somewhere in between. The payment went up to $1500 a month from $1005 and will go up again in two years when the car is paid for. We are hoping we can replace our high mileage pickup truck after the RAV4 is paid for and substitute another car payment so the trustee payment won't go up. Our attorney says that is possible and will do the paperwork for it that at that time if we can find a lender. There won't be a confirmation today because the plan has to be amended for a "stacking problem". I am not quite clear on that, but it seems some of the creditors were scheduled to be paid before others and the trustee wanted the payments spread amongst all the creditors. I thought priority creditors normally got paid first.

Comment

Update: My attorney attended the continued 341 hearing today. He said we would be confirmed today. In our district the 341 and confirmation hearings are on the same day. Our payment will be $1500 per month and will go up to $2079 on the 27th payment after our car payment drops off.

Comment

341 meeting is usually a breeze. Ours lasted less than 5 minutes. The ones who took longer were the ones trying to sneak things thru and state/irs back taxes being owed. The confirmation is where you wind of worry about it going up. Your attorney should contact you if any changes are to be made for you to sign a paper. We signed a paper to have a tiered payment but payed off sooner.

Comment

I am not sure what you mean, but our attorney attended the second 341 hearing without us. I think we spent about 10 minutes with the trustee at the first one and the payment went up by about $500. The confirmation hearing was scheduled for the same afternoon. I believe we are confirmed. I will check PACER today. My attorney sent me the ammended paperwork the same day as our first 341 hearing and we already signed it. We are not paying 100% to the unsecured (42%, but no one has filed a claim yet). I don't think we will be able to pay it off sooner.

Comment

In Idaho the 341 meeting is manditory and the confirmation is 45 days later and only the attorney attends. They hash it out the week before and thats when we found out it went up. We have 90 days from the 341 meeting for claims to be filed.

Comment

I guess every district is a little different. In our district, the 341 hearing is the same day as the confirmation hearing. The 341 is mandatory, but we had to continue ours a month due to some problems with the plan. We hashed it out at the first 341 hearing and the trustee told me I did not need to attend the second hearing. We don't have to attend the confirmation hearing if the trustee is in agreement with the plan. Our bar date for unsecured creditors is also 90 days from the original 341 hearing. The government gets a couple of more months to file their claims.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X