341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today

I visited here back in December and at that time was stressed about my financial situation and worried about Christmas-time. Since then, I changed lawyers because I didn't have a good feeling about the way things were being handled. I actually switched to a lawyer that posts here on the forum and just happened to live in my area. Since then things have been going great. We had out 341 today and so far there were no objections or problems. We were a little worried that the Trustee wouldn't like out $500 car payment because we are upside down on the car since we traded in a wrecked vehicle and rolled in the remainder of the other vehicle's loan into the new loan. The trustee didn't say anything about it so we are hoping all is well. Our payment will be just over $1000, which is a lot less than we were trying to pay before. Before, our bills were probably $2500-$3000 per month. So, I feel like we will be able to live much more comfortably since now we actually have money left over for food/clothes budget whereas before we were barely getting by.

So, we have already paid our 1st trustee payment and the next will be garnished from my teacher paycheck at the end of the month. I am hoping this will improve our financial situation and I am looking forward to completing this five-year payment plan so we can be mostly debt-free (except for our mortgage and dreaded student loans).

Melody
    BK 13 Filed 12/01/10
    341 Meeting 1/19/2011

Congrats!! I remember your earlier posts and how stressed you were. I am thrilled you found an attorney who makes you comfortable, and that your plan certainly sounds manageable. Good luck to you, and know that there IS a light at the end of the 3 or 5 year tunnel :-)
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Glad to hear it! Hope everything keeps going your way!
      Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
      49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

Great news! I am glad you were able to find a good atty!! I remember reading your posts and am glad that everything is working out for you!
        Best of luck!!
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X