need help with W4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with W4 question

after being in a chapter 13 BK, can you change your allowances( to be increased )? Will i get the extra money on my paychecks, or does the trustee get it?

you are not supposed to without the permission of your trustee.... however some have no issue with it...... ask your atty!
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

ty engine...quess i'll check with atty.

Comment

you're welcome.. sorry for the short reply.... I was allowed to adjust my withholdings from 0 to 2 as my trustee adjusted my monthly payment to include the $1200.00 refund I should be getting this year and for all future years too... each trustee is different, mine wants every extra penny that I may make.....

tons of luck to you!
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

ok, one more quickie...if i do change my allowances, would i get to keep the extra take home income or will the trustee get it? My wifes pay is garnished buyt not mine. Just trying to get extra money every week.

Comment

If you do so before filing or before confirmation of the plan, yes, the trustee may want it. If you do it after confirmation, probably won't care. However, make sure you won't be owing tax.

Keep in mind, your budget is going to be significantly re-worked (assuming you have a good attorney), so you probably won't actually lose that money as it will be put into the budget elsewhere.

Comment

thank you for the information

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X