Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income taxes - help

Hi All,

I am in a chapter 13, only paying back my first mortgage arrears and that is it. I am in a chapter 13 only to strip a lein...I am paying back first mortgage payments only. My mortgage payments are interest only payments. Stupid I know, but thats what it is.. Will I get a 1098 from the mortgage company showing the amount that I am paying them back from the chapter 13 being that the payment is all interest? I did get a 1098 from mortgage company for the 1st mortgage and then chapter 13 (arrears) is also with the same company.

Also, i am only paying back the arrears of the first mortgage. I am in a 48 month plan. Can I pay that off early? It is a 100% payback. I am about 14 months into the plan.

Thanks..

I received a 1098 for my regular payments outside of the Chapter 13.It did not include any of the payments made by the trustee on the arrearages. I did not receive a 1098 for any of the payments made by the trustee.

You can set up an account at 13datacenter.com to view the transactions paid by your trustee(if the trustee participates-many do) and print out a report of amounts paid during the calendar year to your mortgage company. You should consult with your tax professional, but I believe that the amounts paid on the arrearages should first be applied to unpaid interest. It should probably be listed on your return as mortgage interest paid, no 1098 received.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X