Letter of dismissal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter of dismissal...

I just recieved a letter from the Trustee regarding our case. He has motioned for a dismissal(not sure if Im using correct terminology) and although I have been anticipating this I have a question. Its mid Feb. and I am eligible to file CH7 May 20th. What are the chances one of my creditors can/will successfully sue me in that time frame? Is there anything to worry about, since even if they do get a judgment against me, I will be filing ch7? Thanks!

I'm presuming that the Trustee is filing a Motion to dismiss your Ch. 13 petition...

If that's the case, I wouldn't be losing any sleep over creditors accomplishing much of anything by May 20th. The case has yet to be dismissed, creditors notified, then they have to decide whether to sue you...all of that takes time.

Why is your Ch. 13 case getting dismissed, if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

We stopped making the payments....we knew we would be filing Ch7. soon and just didn't know how long it would take to have our case dismissed. By all accounts, this Trustee has been about six months behind on everything due to the overwhelming amount of filings over the past few years...

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
        Its mid Feb. and I am eligible to file CH7 May 20th.
        Is that just when you are going to be ready? Explain what you mean by "eligible". If your case is dismissed without prejudice, you would not have to wait to file ch7.
        Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Oh, we are waiting on the 8 year mark from our first ch7. Honestly should have not filed back then, but we did....and then the market crashed and we had CC debt for the first time in our lives.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X