top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

surrendered house now they delayed auction( WHY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surrendered house now they delayed auction( WHY)

Surrendered house when we filed. Went to 341 meeting and then plan was confirmed. Auction date was suppose to be at the end of January. Now the date is February and they told me they would extend it again. Why would they do this when we notified them of our intentions to surrender from the get go? Our bar date is March 6th and they still haven't filed a unsecured claim. Can they amend there secured claim after the bar date? My paralegal says not to worry but I am. We only have unsecred debt and are in a 100% payback.
    Two big creditors have shown they charged of 48K. So far we only have just under 3k including attorney fees listed on our NDC. I am wondering if anyone has an experience with a lender not foreclosing on surrendered propety.

I'm curious as well. I am surrendering my house and planning to move out late next month or April and my concern is the bank transferring the deed from my name back to theirs. You can't buy another house for 3 years from the time the deed is transferred out of your name. From my understanding, they can't evict you if your name is on the deed.

Comment

We surrendered as well. We filed last August and had our 341 meeting on 10/20. Our bar date had passed on 01/20/11 and no claims made. We have had only 1 claim out of 10 creditors. That was for our SUV deficiency. I keep waiting for the bad news to hit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X