Tax Delay Reason Code 1201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Delay Reason Code 1201

What is this?!!!?? Yesterday I had the date of March 8th to receive my refund, but today I look and there's this code! Is this normal for people that file bankrupt?

unfortunately yesevery year it has to be processed by hand and then go through the trustee.i am in north east tn and the trustee takes anything over $1500 and it goes into the plan .it takes at least an extra month

Comment

Thankfully my trustee doesn't take it...but I was able to get someone on the line at the IRS as they gave me a number to call. It is a bankruptcy technicality and the fact that I owed taxes that were included in the bankruptcy. I had to call the insolvency department and they said it would be deposited on the 4th. Great!

Comment

I was discharged from Chapter 7 (no asset) last month and noticed this IRS reference number today when I checked Where's My Refund on the IRS site. I am only getting a refund of $800 and my trustee has told me she doesn't want it, so I guess I'll have to call Monday.

Comment

Calling is best but I did receive my tax refund yesterday. The lady I talked to said its just a "technicality" when you previously owe or file bankrupt.

Comment

So same exact thing happened to us. Said March 8th then said delayed with code 1201. When I called the IRS and talked to someone, they checked our file and gave us a number of the agency that offset our returns. It turns out it is DSS for back child support. We submitted a POC for the back support so I had to email our lawyer to let them know. She said she would contact the trustee on Monday to see what should be done since we are set to pay that amount back within our plan. That was only 158 but we are set to get back over 1500 from State so I assume they will try to do the same. I am not sure if we overpay child support if we will get that money back.....The crazy thing is we have not received money back for years and we do the first year we are in BK. Ugh.
            Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
            341 10/7/10
            Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X