Annual Requirements/Submissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Requirements/Submissions

Just wondering what everyone is required to submit "annually" to their trustee other than copies of tax returns.

Originally posted by hanginginmd View Post
    Just wondering what everyone is required to submit "annually" to their trustee other than copies of tax returns.
    Depends on your district/trustee. I haven't heard of anyone having to do anything other than tax returns.
    My trustee doesn't even want that. If you make your payments they are happy enough.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Hi Hanginginmd:

Are you required to submit your tax returns? I should be confirmed next week and I guess I will know then what I am required to do. My plan was approved for confirmation on the first but they have a 10 day hold on it to see if one of my creditors responds to a last minute filing.

regards,
      Cristo in MD

Comment

I only have to submit tax returns.

Comment

I don't even have to submit tax returns!
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Don't submit tax returns either but the Trustee can ask for a copy whenever he wants one....
            CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
            Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

There is no reason for a Chapter 13 trustee who does not require tax returns to ever ask for one during the course of a confirmed plan, except if the debtor's financial situation changes drastically. If you are worried about the trustee finding out that you are now making more money than you did at the beginning of your plan, and you are not required to submit tax returns - don't. Trustees are not watchdogs; they just administer the plan as confirmed by the court.

Comment

I agree with above post. My lawyer said that each trustee (at least in our state) has to administer over 25,000 ch13 cases and really doesn't have the time to play watch dog.
                CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X