FICO score spiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FICO score spiral

Stopped paying unsecured in Dec 2010 as we decided BK was our only way... FICO score was 720 that month.....it is now 538 and we haven't filed yet.

depressing since my FICo has never been below 720 for some 20+ yrs.

Don't base your worth in life upon a number that your enemies have place on you.........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm right there with you, doing the exact same thing. However, I was sacrificing the well being of myself, my wife and our children all because i didn't want to let my score go below 700. So pat yourself on the back for making a bold decision, and good luck!

Comment

If you are filing for bankruptcy, your FICO score is meaningless. Any credit you manage to secure in the future will be unreasonable by definition.

Comment

Fico score = I love debt score. The more credit you take on, the higher your score. It's insane. Look for Dave Ramsey's explanation of it. You could inherit $1,000,000 tomorrow and it won't do a darned thing to your FICO, however you will be financially changed and stable. Credit is dumb. If nothing else, I've learned that.
          Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

I stopped worrying about my FICO scores a couple of years ago. I could not prevent what happened that caused me to BK, so I refuse to let a FICO score run my life. I ran my credit report a couple months after filing BK to fix some problems. My score was around 620. Prior to my BK my FICO score had dropped to around 500. Now 2 years ago before I lost my job I was over 700. Now I just don't worry about it. I am not buying a house right now and I have awhile to rebuild my credit. I am taking it slow and what ever my FICO score is I will deal with it!
            Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
            341 meeting on 5/28/2010
            Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

I am totally against the FICO score system financial institutions use to either 1) make you pay more for something if your score is low or 2) buy something you really can't afford if you have a high score. It's their tool; not ours to take more of our money. I haven't checked my score since about 3 months before filing (about 2 years now) and don't plan to. When we are finished with our ch13, it will come into play when we buy a car and we plan on having about 1/2 down on the car to help get a lower interest rate. Other than that, I don't want that number defining me as a person ever again...I
              CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
              Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Maybe just for closure filling.
                Automatic Cash Secret ; http://bit.ly/gofCjc

Comment

I agree - FICO is meaningless to me now and the whole credit system is absolutely whacked. I had to stew a little bit about it and then realize that. Thanks

Comment

Just curious-- what's the lowest it can go?
                    Haven't checked ours since we stopped paying last summer- won't til we file...will the fact that we have continued to pay the mortgage and car have any bearing?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                      Just curious-- what's the lowest it can go?
                      Haven't checked ours since we stopped paying last summer- won't til we file...will the fact that we have continued to pay the mortgage and car have any bearing?
                      The bottom of the FICO range is 300 which seems odd to me. Why not use a scale that has a rational starting point like say...zero? Hopefully, someone with much more brilliance than I can answer that question.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I guess it's like the SAT's where you get 200 pts just for putting your name on the paper lol...

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

FICO is a system by which consumers are judged "trustworthy" by banks.
                          Ironic, then, that the financial meltdown resulted from the banks loss of "trust" in dealing with each other...thus everything stopped.
                          If Bank of America had a FICO score it would be around 500
                          reason code:
                          "you have too much debt relative to income"
                          They survive only because they have a rich Uncle willing to pay their bills and look the other way with regard to their solvency.
                          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                            reason code:
                            "you have too much debt relative to income"
                            They survive only because they have a rich Uncle willing to pay their bills and look the other way with regard to their solvency.
                            Excellent, must remember to use that.
                            We should raise their rates and cut their limits...

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                              reason code: "you have too much debt relative to income"
                              Boy is that the truth!....BofA should be on FICO's bankruptcy watchlist. :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X