Notice to Deposit Unclaimed Funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice to Deposit Unclaimed Funds?

We paid off our Chpt 13 last August. Today I received from my attorney a copy of the letter sent to him by the BK Court. It says that they were unable to locate a creditor and a check was deposited into the court's unclaimed funds registry as unclaimed property. It says 90 days have passed and the disbursement check has/have not been negotiated. What does this mean? I called our attorney and of course - no one avail - call back Monday! It sounds to me like the court already advised the attorney 90 days ago but we were never notified. Who gets this money now?

Possibility that that money will come back to you if not claimed by the creditor......
    It will stay in an unclaimed fund temporarily until the Court decides what to do with it. Trustee can't get it, lawyer can't get it, it is paid out by you so legally it is yours if not claimed.
    Your attorney should be able to tell you what will happen with the funds.....
    Be patient, you might get it back.......stranger things have happened...
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Thanks Minny - since the plan was confirmed - and everyone paid what they agreed to - it seems logical that the money would come back to us - but with government - who knows - nothing is logical!! I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Comment

State unclaimed funds

I noticed my father, who is deceased, has unclaimed funds $105 on the State UNCLAIMED FUNDS website. Am I allowed to claim and keep these funds while in a Chapter 13? Currently awaiting confirmation so we are in the first year.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X