Bar Date Question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Date Question.....

Is it possible that some unsecured creditors DO NOT FILE a claim? I checked pacer and it looks like only about 1/2 of my unsecured creditors filed a claim---I have until 4/10/2011 until my Bar Date.

Has anyone gotten "lucky" and had fewer unsecured filed claims than expected?

Or am I dreaming and some will file the day before?

Thanks-in-advance!

My last date for unsecured creditors was supposed to be 3/16/2011. According to the 13datacenter, not all of my creditors either, seems I'm missing about a 1/3 of them, have filed. Maybe some just don't bother.

Comment

It is possible, it happened to someone else on here, so keep your fingers crossed until then. I didn't get that lucky though, I had 5 claims within a week of filing!

Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

lillymarlene, PACER is a better place to check for claims, I have 5 claims on PACER but only one of them is listed on 13datacenter.
        Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Our bar date ended March 6th. only 7 out of 10 filed and they were all small claims. I'm waiting to see if we get discharged soon. We have 4200 in account and only need 3300 to pay creditors. The only uncertain is if we have to wait for the surrendered house to foreclose or not.

Some of the names show up different as they are collection companies. We had more creditors turn in claims the last 2 weeks than anything. I found National data center was up to date for me and it is free. The Pacer you have to pay for.
          Last edited by puggymoo; 03-24-2011, 04:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

It is very possible that creditors do not file claims. Many of the small vendors just don't want to fool with it because they don't think they will ever see any proceeds. Much of the time, that is very true.

Just make sure that EVERYONE was listed in your schedules.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I had a few that did not file claims, but no biggies, just a few hundred here and there. A few people have major ones not file, and some people have everyone file, down to the last penny. There's no way to predict what is going to happen other than to just wait and see. sorry!
              Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
              Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

I had none of my Citi cards file claims. Just about everyone else did, many near the end. Discover card was the first, I've heard this is common.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

We had some creditors who did not file. Not anyone with a big balance, but some did not file. Just seems strange as there does not seem to be a lot of paperwork involved, but we're not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by minan View Post
                    We had some creditors who did not file. Not anyone with a big balance, but some did not file. Just seems strange as there does not seem to be a lot of paperwork involved, but we're not complaining.
                    Filing claims is easy. All you do is fill out your name, address, the amount of the bill, and what the bill is for on a statement of claim. Then, attach supporting documentation (like a statement), and mail or upload (depending on how many you file).
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X