Am I done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I done?

So I logged on to 13datacenter tonight and it says...
    Date Petition Filed 3/6/2008
    Date Plan Filed 3/6/2008
    First 341 Meeting Date 4/24/2008
    Date Case Confirmed 5/22/2008
    Date Case Closed 4/4/2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But Pacer has no changes and although my ledger shows enough money to pay all my trustee only paid the percentage she usually pays on 4/1 instead of just paying it all off.
    So I am confused, am I done???

The status still says about to complete but then at the top it also says...
    Date Confirmed 5/22/2008
    Date Closed 4/4/2011
    Last Receipt Date 3/31/2011

Comment

OMG, OMG I am really excited I hope you all tell me I am finally done!

Comment

You are sooooo close . . . yet so far away!!

First . congrats! you hung in there for the duration!!

Now comes a potentially long waiting game. My status went to complete on January 4, 2011. I am still not discharged. Here's why:

1. Closed means that you have paid the full amount into your plan. It does not mean your Trustee has made all the payments.
        2. If your Trustee only pays out once per month, it is pretty sure that she will not make the final payments until next month to the creditors.
        3. IF you pay your trustee as a wage garnishment, here is when the court will order a stop payment. This can, however take several weeks to take effect, and can cause you to overpay into your plan (not to worry, you will get this refunded by the Trustee). However, this can also delay things several weeks for you.
        3. Once all creditors are paid in full, you will receive a "Congrats you are done but not discharged" letter. The letter will explain that you are done paying, but you are not officially discharged by the courts. The Trustee must first file a final report to the court, and he/she will not do that until ALL checks are cashed and have cleared the trustee's bank.
        4. After last checks are issued, you must wait until all checks clear . . . or 90 days. Creditors have 90 days to cash any payment checks.
        5. All checks must clear the trustee's bank before a Final report can be made to the court. This includes any refund payments to you.
        6. When all checks have finally cleared . . you may need to wait a few more weeks. My trustee only gets a report from her bank once per month. So, when my last check cleared, I had to wait almost a full month before it would register in their system as cleared. This was my refund check from the trustee . . go figure.
        7. Finally, the Trustee will issue a final report to electronically file with the BK court. However, this also can take a few weeks depending on the speed of the Trustee's office.
        8. Once the final report is filed, your attorney must send you an affidavit to sign about child support . . blah blah . . great, right? Ask your attorney to email it to you, to speed things up.
        9. You must sign the form and send it back to your attorney . . . and he will file it with the court.
        10. You must have also filed your notice that you have taken an approved BK pre-discharge course.
        11. When all documents are finally filed, the court will post a hearing date . . you don't go to this. It is just an official signing of your discharge.
        12. You will get a copy of the discharge in the mail, or you can download one from Pacer.
        13. Depending on the speed of your BK court, it could take a few days or a few weeks for the credit bureaus to be notified of your discharge.

I hope this clears things up. I sure would have liked to know a lot of this information . . but could not find it anywhere. So, I hope it helps you better understand the discharge process of a 13.

Actually, I think maybe I should post this as a independent forum . . so others can understand the discharge process and what to expect.

Best of luck

Comment

Should be a sticky. Good write up.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Hey Kuya!
            Sorry it took so long to respond, tries to log in over the weekend and I guess the server was down.
            Thank you so much for all of the info., should be a sticky! I really appreciate you taking the time to type up all the steps, it is a fantastic write up!
            I hope your case gets discharged soon, it has taken way too long.
            On Friday my Closed status was changed to closed pending audit, hopefully the audit will be fast since we only paid secured and that was just our lawyer and our car. We also dont have wage garnishment, we send in a money order each month, so hopefully that will also speed things up.
            Thank you so much for your help!!!

Comment

Not sure if it's OK to post this here. I'm so happy!!! I was discharged today.
              I filed PRO SE and want to thank this forum for getting me through it. I'm excited to start my fresh start.

Chapter 7- PRO SE
              Filed 1/5/2011
              341- 2/4/2011
              Discharged Today!! YAY
              Last edited by freeatlast98; 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

very good info
                Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                The rebuilding begins

Comment

So today new update...
                  Trustee made my final payment and status has been changed to "Closed as comp plan" and pacer has a new filing, I looked at the document and it is the paperwork for previous discharges and/or child support that we have to return and a letter telling us for the most part we are done, just waiting for the paperwork back and the judge to sign!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X