Credit Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reporting

My husband and I were reviewing our credit report and we see that the credit union that holds the loans to our two automobiles has been reporting as 120+ days past due and with a past due amount even though these are being "crammed down" and paid through the trustee in our chapter 13 bankruptcy. Can they do this? They don't make note of "wage earner plan" or "included in bankruptcy" at all. I think this is what is probably killing our credit score, even though I don't care too much....it's just our auto/house insurance went up because of our credit scores, drastically. Please advise.

You can submit a dispute request with the credit bureaus. I did, as a month after I filed I pulled my report and noticed the same. Looked at it again a couple weeks ago and it was fixed. Your score is gonna drop either way.
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

I will try this. I have to believe that if something isn't showing as in the bankruptcy but as 120+ days past due that it is a "double whamy". The initial bankrutpcy filing is where the credit score hit comes from, the same whether there is 50 items or 2, that's what I've been told. I'm going to try to get this fixed. Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X