top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After filing Chp 13, I no longer have access to online banking or online auto payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After filing Chp 13, I no longer have access to online banking or online auto payment

My attorney told me that my auto pay loan would stop and I'd need to send in the payment but he never mentioned my online banking or online payment option would be affected, bummer

Is this normal?

Along the same note, I just realized my wife has a bank account that she hardly uses and we did not list it. Could this come back and bite us? Does the trustee run some type of bank account check?

Yes, it's normal. You can call your lenders and get statement info, and in the case of your mortgage you will get year end and/or minimum payment changes info via mail and/or through your attorney. My mortgage holder told me that if I sent a fax asking for monthly statements, they would send them, but they haven't. I pay both my car payment and my mortgage through my bank "bill pay". My checking/savings account is not the same company as my mortgage or car, so i still have access to my bank accounts online.
    Last edited by 1dayatatime; 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

No mortgage here. I lost my house to forclosure a while back.

Originally posted by 1dayatatime View Post
      My checking/savings account is not the same company as my mortgage or car, so i still have access to my bank accounts online.
      I dont, I wonder why?

Comment

I lost a couple of accounts (business and personal checking) I had with a credit union, right after filing. I knew this would happen since I had to list that bank as a creditor, since I owed them a small amount on a credit line.

Fortunately, I had anticipated this and had opened, before filing, a checking account for my business at another credit union, where I don't owe any money. I also have a personal checking account at my mortgage bank, and that is still open, without any problems. I never had used online banking with these people before, but just about a couple of weeks ago, I was able to set up online banking and also applied for and received a debit card.

Could you possibly set up a checking account, and get online banking, with another bank?

Comment

Funny thing is I don't owe any money there.

Wellsfargo dealer service, where I have my auto loan, placed me in there chp 13 department although I didnt include it on my chp 13. I can no longer view or make online payments. I need to send my payments via check.

Comment

That is just awful. I don't know if it would work for you, but maybe you could still try with another bank. I also, seem to have better luck with the smaller regional banks, than the large national ones. Good luck.

Comment

OMG. I use my online banking religiously! I just filed on Friday and this post scares me. I don't owe my bank any money, but I have an open credit card account with them that has a zero balance on it. Do you think they'll close my accounts? Please tell me no... Sorry to the OP, I hope everything works out for you.
              4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
              6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
              7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

This must really depend on the bank. I have not had any issues with my bank and online payments or accessing my helco information. I did have to resign up for the helco, since the original online account include credit cards that we bk. I used my online banking to pay all my remaining bills.
                Discharged 5/2015

Comment

It depends on the bank. Mine still allow auto debit of my mortgate. I don't have auto debit for the car loan. The finance stop sending me statement. I just said fu and continue sending payment to their last know address with no problem. By the way, I'm 3yrs into a 5yr payment plan on my plan.

Comment

nuspanda, if you owe nothing to the bank with the zero balance credit card, and if it is NOT Wells Fargo, you should be ok - there's nothing for the bank to offset. ALthough I think the collective wisdom may tell you that you should have an acct to whom you owe nothing, but you owe nothing to this bank, so they won't (unless they're wells fargo) close your account. Others will chime in if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Key is - No wells fargo, and NO money in bank to whom you owe!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X