top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 Struggles... Barely able to make payments... may divorce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, I hate it when that happpens, sorry. To complete the previous post, the attorney we met with gave us a clear direction with clear objectives. We are now on that path and in a month or two we will file for a modification. Unfortunately it cannot happen any quicker due to wifes ot. No more ot so income drops and makes the numbers work in our favor.

The attorney looked at our expenses on the schedule J and said " this is ridiculous". ASked why we low balled the numbers, we explained "we" did not, the attorney did it. We were given the numbers and told this is it, take it or leave it.

Basically every one on this site that told me to get another attorney was right. We are not where we need to be yet but we are on the right path.

BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO CARE ENOUGH TO HELP US THAT CANNOT DO IT ON OUR OWN!!!!!

PS>........ I will keep updating as we go through our process... it may help somebody else, than again it may not, but it can make for some interesting reading.

Comment

Following your story .. Thank you for sharing. It IS helpful to many of us in similar income situations. When i read your monthly payout number $2700 - i almost fell out of my chair.. We havent filed yet and are meeting with 2nd attorney next week - who is an old friend of my husbands (who is also an attorney). Not sure if it's wise to work with a friend or not but he is a very successful consumer/bk atty. Please keep us posted.. Take care -and hang in there.

Comment

Excellent news!!
        Hang in there dbr, sounds like you are finally on your way to your fresh start.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I can tell you that almost every piece of advice I have received here was correct or really close. There were several explanations the attorney gave us that also play into the final payment that were a little over my head at this point, because of somewhat limited time. We will fully understand everything at our next meeting, unlike the first time, and I will not be scared either. Knowledge really is powerful, and this site gives us knowledge.

One thing I am really not happy about is his advice not to go for stripping the heloc. His advice was the judge is not in favor of strips, allows them but does not like them. Since we did not file for a strip in the initial fifling there will be objections and the judge will probably not allow.

I am considering doing it anyway, if they rule against..........ok but I need to try. I know this is not the thread for strips, really not looking for many comments, just saying this is his advice.

Cheers

Comment

So glad you're finally going to get the help you need. Keep us posted!
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X