Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leased Vehicle during a Chapter 13

Hello,

As some of you may have read. I recently received my Discharge by completing my repayment plan. The letter states discharged under section 1328(a).

Almost a year prior to filing the Chapter 13, I leased a car from Nissan. I still have the car today, I have never paid the car late. Since I received the discharge, I decided to call them to ask if they could update the credit agencies with all the on time payments that I've made. Also, since my lease expires this month, I was hoping to lease another vehicle with them. I don't understand the response I received. They said, they do not reaffirm leases, nor report payments to the agencies. I don't really follow. On my bankruptcy paper, it states they will be paid 100%, so I assumed they were excluded?

They told me, yes your bankruptcy is discharged, but you're still obligated to pay us your monthly payment, you could have turned the car in at any time.

This is hard for me grasp. I figured since I have paid them on time, if any company would give me a new lease, it would be them. Their response was "you're not an automatic yes, and you're not an automatic no"

any thoughts

They're just being pissy since BK gives you a "free option" to return the car to them without penalty, vs a regular lease where they'd cornhole you for that.

Talk to the finance manager at a dealership to find out if they'll work with you, I would assume yes they will.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X