My 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341

Well, I've been lurking around this forum for some time now. Just wanted to announce I had my 341 on Thursday and it went great. We weren't allowed to see other peoples' cases which I found odd. My attorney SUCKED. Everyone else's attorneys were sitting with them, talking with them, etc. My attorney didn't even say hi to us until it was our turn to be called back (about 2 hours after our docket was supposed to be). I had a question before we went up and my attorney rolled his eyes at me and led me out into the hallway so that he could answer. I wanted to say, "Listen, while you were out in the hallway gabbin with all the other attorneys and doing God knows what else, you could have been in here with us making sure we didn't have any questions or concerns." Anyway, I got my answer real quick (he instructed me to lie by the way, and I ended up telling the trustee the truth).

The trustee wasn't as bad as I had heard he was, but I can see how he could be hateful. He wasn't a very pleasant man at all.

Overall, it was painless but not quick. I'm just glad it's over. My lawyer, nor his paralegal whom I have dealt with a lot, has ever mentioned PACER. What is that and how do I get on there to see whatever it is I'm suppsoed to see?
    4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
    6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
    7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Nevermind, I found the Pacer Sticky on the other forum: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips
    6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
    7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Sorry to read your attorney sucked, but congrats on making it through your 341!
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by nsupanda View Post
        I wanted to say, "Listen, while you were out in the hallway gabbin with all the other attorneys and doing God knows what else, you could have been in here with us making sure we didn't have any questions or concerns."
        And you should have stated just that... you paid your attorney to assist you / take care of issues / questions / concerns / et al regarding you filing BK. I think its pretty crappy that your attorney told you to lie - which puts his ethics and morals into high cause for questioning.

At any rate, congrats on getting through your 341... from here on out, if you have ANY concerns / questions regarding your case, make it known to your attorney and his paralegal that if you have issues, you will be asking them and expect an answer - and along those lines that you dont appreciate him acting as if you "bothered" him by asking pertinent questions at your 341 - and you will not expect that type of treatment in the future for any other concerns you may have.

If you let them walk all over you in that manner... they will continue to.... food for thought

Comment

Very true! I just kind of want to let it go because I want to put this as far past me as I possibly can and I might need him for somethin in the future. But I agree, if you let them act that way and nobody ever stands up to them they'll just keep doing it.

So, I got a Pacer account set up and I managed to rack up $2 or so worth of fees today :-) Can I ask you about my confirmation hearing? The trustee recommended for confirmation, are we supposed to be at the confirmation hearing? My attorney never mentioned that, but I read on Pacer that my confirmation hearing is in July. I'm new to all this BK stuff.
          6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
          7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

There usually isnt a need for you to be at your confirmation hearing...unless for some odd reason the Trustee requires you to be there, but generally, no need

As to PACER - do yourself a favor... only check it once a week (fridays or Monday afternoon), that way you can view everything for the week (and remember to save everything you pull up on your computer for future reference!) You should receive a copy from your attorney of everything thats on PACER as well... or at least we do.

Comment

It is easy to get addicted to PACER. Please be careful. One member racked up so many PACER charges that she actually listed it and the amount (over $600.00) and was able to get it discharged.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I don't really understand what I'm looking for on there. I'm sure it will get more detailed, but as for now all I see is where we filed and where our trustee recommended for confirmation. What else is there to really look at?
                6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

panda may I ask - when did your Trustee make his recommendation for confirmation? Our bar date for objections is Wed and not a peep thus far...341 went well...

Comment

Right after he asked all the yes/no questions and got his answers, he said, "I recommend confirmation, anyone object?" There was a representative from the state tax commission as well as an IRS person and they all agreed for confirmation. I am totally clueless about all this bankruptcy stuff, I don't know what anything means :-) What is your bar date for objections all about? Does everyone do that?
                    6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                    7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by nsupanda View Post
                      Right after he asked all the yes/no questions and got his answers, he said, "I recommend confirmation, anyone object?" There was a representative from the state tax commission as well as an IRS person and they all agreed for confirmation. I am totally clueless about all this bankruptcy stuff, I don't know what anything means :-) What is your bar date for objections all about? Does everyone do that?
                      WoW - that may be because you're in a smaller jurisdiction :-) and/or because you've had "stuff" go on beforehand....I guess every district does things differently. The Bar date for objections is on PACER...that is the last day to file objections against the proposed plan (if I understand it correctly).

Comment

Oh ok. Well, I just hope nobody objects unless they say I'm paying too much. There's not much more anyone can squeeze out of me now!!! lol
                        6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                        7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

I think if you heard the Trustee say recommend confirmation, that should be iT!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X