top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday is the Next Appointment....A few questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday is the Next Appointment....A few questions.....

Ok, so Monday DH and I go back to the attorney. As I said earlier, the secretary told me they would file that day - that I needed to bring my filing fee and all my paperwork.
    At my free meeting, I took paystubs, credit reports and social security numbers and what bills I had gathered. We discussed that it would be a 13, because its $30000 worth of taxes...I "estimated' $30000 in credit cards - ummm, its actually $52000!!
    But after stating about Monday being signing day, some of you thought that was unusual...so maybe I misunderstood her.
    Anyway, I have a 3" thick folder ready with 6 months of paystubs, 2010 tax return, a copy of my 2008/2009 IRS installment plan and 2 months of each of my credit card bills. He had pretty much said my payback would be about $1000 a month....I have figured about $1070....
    I have downloaded Best Case and all the Court Forms and roughly run them and come up with about the same.
    My question is this - should I take these forms that I have run, so they have a real good idea of my expenses and stuff..
    And also, we are above the median income, so which gets used - Forms I and J or Form22c, for the expenses?
    TIA!

Oh, and another question? After I have paid the filing fee on Monday, even though he may not file that day, do I get to tell these DAYUM phone callers to LEAVE US ALONE?

mdl - they may file the initial bare-bones paperwork, and then they have 15 days to file the schedules - the actual Ch 13 "stuff" - this way, you get your stay starting as of Monday. Our atty did the same. Maybe that's what they're doing!

I'd say take everything you've got - don't offer it up though :-) But it doesn't hurt to take more than less!!!

Comment

Thanks Old! That may be what she meant!
      I am so sick of that phone! I just dont answer it. I am not going to be talked into making a payment on ANYTHING. This whole past month I have only paid my house, car and utilities....
      Even my DH finally just looks at the phone and laughs...
      I am mostly over the "sick' feeling, because it IS just a business decision. I just wish we had done this when the 401K/IRA still had a $200K balance instead of robbing US to pay THEM!

Comment

MDL - I'm right there with you - we're to the point where we don't even look at the house phone when we're all home together!!! My spouse filed for a 13 and I hope to be in a 7 in Sept (long story) I had a formidable 401k until a few years ago - now I have $3K :-(

Should've done this a LOOOOONG time ago. And it is a business decision - just like when they jack up your rate to 30% to "punish" you knowing full well that you can't pay that.

Best wishes to yuo and your family!!!!

Originally posted by mdl View Post
        Thanks Old! That may be what she meant!
        I am so sick of that phone! I just dont answer it. I am not going to be talked into making a payment on ANYTHING. This whole past month I have only paid my house, car and utilities....
        Even my DH finally just looks at the phone and laughs...
        I am mostly over the "sick' feeling, because it IS just a business decision. I just wish we had done this when the 401K/IRA still had a $200K balance instead of robbing US to pay THEM!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X