341 meeting of creditors - Share Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting of creditors - Share Experience

While I am told there is little to nothing to worry about in a 341 meeting, can anybody share there experience, good or bad. What kind of questions were asked, was there any papers they wanted you to send in, ect. Also, if you reply, can you state if you were new law or old law.

THanks,
    Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
    Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
    Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

it wasn't so bad!

Ours was last week and was not bad at all. The trustee was very matter-of-fact. The State Tax Commission was there just because of a name change issue, but it was no big deal. We had to wait for a couple of cases to go in front of us, but ours took maybe 5 minutes. I was stressed, too, and am glad it is over. Good luck!

jane
    Filed: 2/24/2006
    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Ours was a cinch too. Took about 5 minutes, and it was helpful watching the cases that went before us. Our trustee was nice, we had dutifully brought
      out state tax refund to turn over to him, (about 17 bucks!) and he said, "just keep that and go to lunch on me!" I guess he didnt care about a refund that small! LOL

Comment

Ditto. Stressed over it and it was nothing.

Comment

Don't stress

Ours is with the OLD law. Our 341 meeting was over a year and half ago. Don't stress over it, its nothing!!!!
          We stated our names, was asked if we ever filed BK before, asked about overtime and that was basically it. Our lawyer said a few things, it lasted maybe 5 mins.
          Filed Chapter 13: Aug 2004 Confirmed Aug 2005
          Early Buy-Out 43/60 months: April 2008 :clapping:
          Discharged: June 2008 :D:yes2::D

Comment

Ours was only about 5 min. Trustee was very professional and polite. If you have a good attorney you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I wonder how the experience has been for people that filed on their own? Are the trustees harder on them?
              *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Both of my 341 hearings, I was converted to a 13, really sucked. My second 341 hearing was handled by the Trustee's staffer that had been a witness for the 7 trustee that felt I should be converted. So she had objections to our plan before she ever saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by DOA
                  Both of my 341 hearings, I was converted to a 13, really sucked. My second 341 hearing was handled by the Trustee's staffer that had been a witness for the 7 trustee that felt I should be converted. So she had objections to our plan before she ever saw it.
                  DOA, did you file pro se or have an attorney present?

Comment

Mine was great as well - having an attorney there made it much easier. All we had to do was raise our right hand, answer a few "yes" and "no" question and we were gone in 3-4 minutes. Finished.

We didn't have the luxury of watching others go first...we were the first case called in that morning. Good thing I was so tired from not sleeping for the past month to even care. LOL
                    Date Filed: 12/19/2004
                    341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
                    Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
                    Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

Originally posted by aa06a47
                      DOA, did you file pro se or have an attorney present?
                      I have an attorney. Both times.

Comment

Well, tomorrow, is my big day in the chair. Just hope it doesn't have electricity wired in it. Called my lawyer to find out if there was anything I needed to bring other than my good looks and the green folder she gave me...... Her assistant told me to bring my most recent pay stub since filing. Anybody else been told to do this?

It should help me on the average income if they look at it, there was no overtime on the checks since filing and there was overtime on all the checks in the past 6 months that they used. I am wondering if I can get the trustee to say OK, let's lower you payment some!

Comment

Good luck, aa! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
                          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

aa,

you will be fine. I had my meeting today and was completely stressed out. I thought I was going to freak when a creditor showed up. Everybody before me was in front of the trustee about 5 minutes. Mine lasted about 30 minutes. The creditor asked far more than the trustee. This woman (the creditor) just kept throwing questions at me. My atty was even suprised. Heck, I think the trustee was even suprised. The trustee kept saying "thank you for bringing that to my attention", when the creditor asked questions. Atty had told me that creditors never show up. It was borderline ridiculous. Glad it is over. Good luck to you--let us know how it goes.

Comment

The one thing I noticed is that when creditors showed up (mine included) they were from local banks or credit unions. Chase, B of A, ect not there at all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X