Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit One Bank Card?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone on here has used this card as a way to build up credit a bit? I'm 1 year into my 13 and wanted to start rebuilding my credit a little bit. My Trustee has a policy of any line of credit under $500.00 is fine.

I'm seeing reviews online that this card is an absolute joke. I understand the high fees and all but some reviews point towards scams.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank You

It is a joke - and yes, I fell for it in my pre-bk life...I was...desperate, to find another Peter to rob to pay Paul. $8/mo in monthly fees, plus almost 30% interest, etc etc etc and a huge annual fee...

don't do it.

take my word for it.

just say no :-)

Comment

Thank You for your reply, Iamold. I have 1 question if you happen to get back on here. Is that a seperate monthly fee than the annual fee or is that the annual fee broken down into monthly installments?

I'm actually doing well in my plan right now. I just had a baby 4 months ago so kind of just looking for a little security in case something pops up and also to bulid my credit a bit.

I guess I could go to my lawyer and request a decrease in my Trustee payment since my monthly expenses has obviously gone way up w/ the baby. I just figured that is a drawn out and difficult process.

Comment

Originally posted by stlrs View Post
        Thank You for your reply, Iamold. I have 1 question if you happen to get back on here. Is that a seperate monthly fee than the annual fee or is that the annual fee broken down into monthly installments?

I'm actually doing well in my plan right now. I just had a baby 4 months ago so kind of just looking for a little security in case something pops up and also to bulid my credit a bit.

I guess I could go to my lawyer and request a decrease in my Trustee payment since my monthly income has obviously gone way up w/ the baby. I just figured that is a drawn out and difficult process.
        Long story here but spouse is (so we are) just starting out in a 13 - CONFIRMED (thank God) and 2 payments down..."only" 58 more to go!

Re Credit One- there is a $7.95 fee per month - PLUS there is an annual fee of about $60.

I mean look...if you feel better with it...ok, BUT keep in mind that even in a month you don't use it, there is the $7.95 billed AND if you're late paying that, $30 something late fee.

Comment

First off, congrats on your confirmation...that's great, a big first step.

I think I will turn it down. I didn't realize there was the monthly fee just to have it on top of the annual.

Comment

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! (And thanks as always to everyone here!!!!!)

I think you may get better (or less bad) offers...! At worst, it's always "out there."

Comment

you can do better
              Credit One and First Premier should be avoided at all costs.
              I rather have a secured card by a "somewhat" reputable place like BOA or Cap1 on my credit file post BK
              Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
              The rebuilding begins

Comment

Thanks Jetsfan. I'm kind of stuck. I have the card but haven't activated it. It's only a $300.00 limit just for emergencies. I don't know if I should activate it or let the activation run out. I think doing that hurts my score. That's the issue I'm having. I shouldn't have gotten it in the first place. I just wanted something to fall back on in case I needed something for the baby. BTW, good luck this upcoming season

Comment

stirs, I would look at it this way - if you don't mind the annual fee and the $7.95 per month, then as an emergency backup...look the thing is, are you "ok" with paying them $7.95. If yes, if YOU feel better having it, than please do as say, NOT as I...did :-)

Set up an autopay to them from your bank - so that it gets there BEFORE the due date - for teh $7.95 fee and forget it - have it be on auto-pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by stlrs View Post
                    T I just wanted something to fall back on in case I needed something for the baby. ...
                    Why not just set aside some extra $ every month for that purpose vs. paying extraordinary fees on a high interest credit card? While the $8 a month service fee may not seem like much - add it up over a 12 month span and you're talking nearly $100 spent in addition to any annual fees.

If you just had your baby (congrats btw ) then you should be adjusting your schedules to allow for the additional bundle of joy in your household Its not that hard to amend...

Comment

You know stirs, I know where you're coming from...but I think Pandora's advice is sound. If you're going to pay about $60 to them plus $8 for the first month, that's $68 right there. So if you can squirl away $20/month, in a bit over half a year, you're there with your $300...

Comment

thats a 100 dollar annual fee - 100 dollars? for a 300 limit?
                        No way!
                        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                        The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X