long island chap 13 dismissal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long island chap 13 dismissal

Has anyone gotton a dismissal from the trustee from being late with payments? Did she work with you? Could you get your lawyer to make the dismissal date delayed so you have more time to come up with the money? Thanks for your help

Originally posted by michaela View Post
    Has anyone gotton a dismissal from the trustee from being late with payments? Did she work with you? Could you get your lawyer to make the dismissal date delayed so you have more time to come up with the money? Thanks for your help
    I have seen one dismissal that was reinstated because the filer had got hurt, was out of work, and the trustee reinstated the 13, along with approving a new/modified plan.

If you're just behind because you're not paying, your financial situation has not changed, or you haven't learned to control your spending/paying habits, then you will be dismissed.

If you're in danger of being dismissed for non-payment, then you're not just a month or so behind. You're probably several months behind and the trustee will dismiss for not abiding by the plan.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I am behind two payments due to some unexpected bill with my daughters college tuition. How many days behind before a trustee files a motion to dismiss

Comment

Who knows? The only thing that is for certain is that you had better get caught up and caught up fast if you want to continue in the plan.

A chapter 13 plan should be funded each and every month BEFORE all other expenses.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          Who knows? The only thing that is for certain is that you had better get caught up and caught up fast if you want to continue in the plan.

A chapter 13 plan should be funded each and every month BEFORE all other expenses.
          Amen. It's the first thing you pay, not the last after you've spent the money on something else.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I'm so afraid of being late, that I'm actually about one month ahead. Around the first of every month, I purchase a money order (just making sure I don't spend it on anything else.) Then, I hold it until about the 15th to give it plenty of time to get to TN by the first of the following month.

Comment

Well I do think stuff like rent and food come first! :-)
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                Well I do think stuff like rent and food come first! :-)
                If the plan is set right, then rent, food & and trustee payment should not be a struggle. Of course feeding your family and paying housing expense is at the top of the list, but the payment plan to the trustee should be first to insure that we never end up in the position the OP is in.
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

The plan payment to the trustee may be viewed as long term protection money (like, to the mob) with the "hope" that you'll make it 5 years with no problems and get a legal discharge (unlike the mob). I put it that way just because so many chapter 13's fail.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                    The plan payment to the trustee may be viewed as long term protection money (like, to the mob) with the "hope" that you'll make it 5 years with no problems and get a legal discharge (unlike the mob).
                    LOL! aint that the truth....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X