How do you know what % you're in for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know what % you're in for?

We filed back in April and my attorney said we are filing at around 80% but chances are it could be 100% when all is said and done. He said the trustee would probably allow us to keep our tax refunds every year if we were at 100%. Is there anywhere on PACER that tells you your percentage? If not, how can I tell?
    4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
    6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
    7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Originally posted by nsupanda View Post
    4/29/2011 - Filed chapter 13 after one whole year of not paying credit cards and getting my attorney paid off. Got stuck with a HUGE chapter 13 payment that I will have to make work some way, some how.
    Wow.....

My lawyer made her fee part of the secured debt that would have to be repaid from within the Ch 13 Payments. I think she filed for me at 37%. don't know, but, as far as I know I think we'll get to keep our tax refunds.
    Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Originally posted by out4good3 View Post
      Wow.....

My lawyer made her fee part of the secured debt that would have to be repaid from within the Ch 13 Payments. I think she filed for me at 37%. don't know, but, as far as I know I think we'll get to keep our tax refunds.
      Ours did too, however, to get started on our case he required $1500 up front. It took me a whole year to come up with that amount (I have no idea why, things just kept popping up). The rest of his fee is in with our debt that we bk'ed.
      6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
      7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

In a Chapter 13 filing, the only thing that is important is the amount of your plan payment. The percentages mean absolutely nothing.

Comment

It's important to me because I wanted to know if I am getting a tax refund or not. If I'm at 100% I will more than likely get it. If I'm at 80% still, I will not. I know it is well advised to change my w-4 withholdings so that I will not get a refund, and maybe someday I will do that but not right now. I am so afraid I'll end up owing that I would rather just keep my w-4 the way it is.
          6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
          7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Have you had your 341 meetng yet? If the trustee is going to change your amount you should know then. The amount you are paying back is your payment x 60 months (or for how many months you are paying) Keep in mind the amount you pay back can also be set by the number of creditors that file claims, your attorney fees in the plan and the trustee %. You can also check the National Data Center (plan base) for how much you are scheduled to pay back.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

It's important to me because I wanted to know if I am getting a tax refund or not. If I'm at 100% I will more than likely get it. If I'm at 80% still, I will not. I know it is well advised to change my w-4 withholdings so that I will not get a refund, and maybe someday I will do that but not right now. I am so afraid I'll end up owing that I would rather just keep my w-4 the way it is.
              If you change your withholding and it results in $30 more in your net pay, take that $30 and put it in to a seperate savings account. If you do end up owing then the money is sitting right there waiting, if you don't then withdraw it and there is your refund.
              Filed CH13 - 06/2009
              Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

That's a good idea!
                6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Except, I was told that if I owe taxes at the end of the year I should expect a major scolding from the trustee. My lawyer suggested I hire an accountant to help me with my withholdings (they should be able to figure out how much I should withhold so that I won't owe at the end of the year). LIKE I HAVE MONEY TO HIRE AN ACCOUNTANT?!?!?!? lol
                  6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                  7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

But back on topic... Are you confirmed yet? My trustee sent out a paper about a month after confirmation and that had the percentage on it (this may vary by district). After you are confirmed you should also be able to look on 13datacenter.com to see your percentage.
                    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

I honestly do not know... I am so out of the loop with my case. I got on Pacer but I can't see anywhere that says we're officially confirmed. I guess I can always call my attorney, I just feel like I bug them about every little thing here lately. I haven't received anything from the Trustee's office yet.
                      6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                      7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Pacer would have an order of confirmation and would also list your confirmation date at the top of the page when you enter your case #.
                        Click the Deadline/Schedule button. It should show you the date your confirmation hearing is currently set to.
                        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Ah hah! Confirmation hearing set for July 21st. Thanks!
                          6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                          7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Ah hah! Confirmation hearing set for July 21st. Thanks!
                            Patience grasshopper. As always, remember that bankruptcy is a process, not an event.

Everything will happen in its time, when it is time, and not before it is time. All of your worry and stress will not speed up any of the processes.
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X