? about car title AND INSURANCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about car title AND INSURANCE

I have a 2000$ loan through my employee credit union and it's secured with my car title, the car is paid off...what happens to this during chap 13? Can i re-affirm that debt and keep having it withdrawn out of my check every month, it's only 98$..or does it have to be included in the repayment plan? And if so, how does that affect my car?? Also, has anyone's home/auto insurance gone up due to filing 13?

Originally posted by 911mom View Post
    I have a 2000$ loan through my employee credit union and it's secured with my car title, the car is paid off...what happens to this during chap 13? Can i re-affirm that debt and keep having it withdrawn out of my check every month, it's only 98$..or does it have to be included in the repayment plan? And if so, how does that affect my car?? Also, has anyone's home/auto insurance gone up due to filing 13?
    If you have a $2000 loan that is secured with your car title then your car is not paid off (it may have been paid off at one point, but it isn't now), it has a $2000 lien on it. It is treated like any other secured car loan would be. It can be repaid in your plan as a secured debt or you may be able to continue to pay it outside the plan. If you pay it outside the plan your plan payment will increase by the $98 once it is paid off.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X