Am I in the clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in the clear

My plan has been going like clockwork since it was confirmed in January of this year, payments made by payroll deduction, trustee sending out checks first of every month, no filings have been made to my case since the middle of May. However; I still feel the need to check Pacer every day to ensure nothing else has been filed (which I don't expect, but scared something might be that I don't know about.) Anyone else in this boat or do you usually relax at this time and let the system take its course?
    (10/28/10 - Filed) (12/09/10 - 341), (1/20/11 - Confirmed)
    08/11/11 - Spouse filed Divorce
    10/11/11 - Payments amended

I haven't felt compelled to check Pacer. Anything that comes up will have to go through our attorney and I'm satisfied (based on experience) that he will handle it and keep me informed. That way, I don't get alarmed and I don't bug the attorney because of something I don't understand. Please note the "based on experience" phrase.

Comment

I havent relaxed for the last almost 5yrs i check my trustwin website daily for news,posting and figuring out how long i have left.Its been a struggle at times but i am sooo close to being done

Comment

Kept looking at PACER for the first few months after filing. Got to the point where all I ever look at now is NDC once in a while and nothing unusual is happening. Just biding time for the next 3 yrs. Got my second annual report from the trustee and all is well. No need to refer to PACER until closing time.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I check Pacer maybe once a quarter, but there really is no need to check it, unless something changes. My mortgage company has sent payment notifications to the trustee, who sends them to my lawyer, who sends them to me. None of the notices have made it on Pacer. I do have a moment of panic when I see an envelope from the attorney.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Thanks for the feedback...it's funny that I have been so keyed in on checking PACER that I have actually let our attorneys know of something before they even knew it.
            (10/28/10 - Filed) (12/09/10 - 341), (1/20/11 - Confirmed)
            08/11/11 - Spouse filed Divorce
            10/11/11 - Payments amended

Comment

I checked pacer all the time in the beginning and it took my plan to confirm 6 months after filing so i was a mess. i had a slew of credit card bills. i don't really check it anymore but what i do notice every so often is transfer of creditor, like the debt gets sold from this company to that company and every time there's a change they have to notify the court. now i started checking again because i'm almost done. but it took me a long time to feel secure enough not to check it.
              12/19/06 Chapter 13
              1/22/07 341 Meeting
              3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
              6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Usually if you have a lawyer, anything that is submitted via PACER should be mailed to you from attorney. If you feel the need to check PACER, do it once a week either on a Monday (for previous week) or Friday (for current week); I've found thats when most of the updates (if any) are viewable.

Otherwise - just log into your Trustee's website (13datacenter, etc) and you can look all day long for free

Comment

as I do have a large stack of paperwork that was sent to me. No I did not receive every single piece of filed document (ie: transfer of accounts notifications when the debt is sold to another company)....my trustee on 13datacenter doesn't show his stuff on it. so i go by pacer
                  12/19/06 Chapter 13
                  1/22/07 341 Meeting
                  3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
                  6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral. Of course this is coming from the guy who went weeks without sleeping during the first year. It gets better.
                    03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
                    06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X