Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Credit Cards w/ Security Interest

Good morning!

Over the weekend I learned that Dell Financial claims a security interest in the computers I've purchased using them. I have had the account for YEARS, and have purchased computers for my wife, children, myself and my business. Plus laser printers, parts, etc.

Although I've paid the balance down many times, I never paid it all the way to zero, so I can't draw a clear line saying what components were paid off. Plus comptuers depreciate RAPIDLY... some of the hardware I purchased 5~6 years ago I no longer have.

Based on Internet searches, I am anticipating a loud squawk of protest from Dell, and I'm thinking about how to plan for it. Has anybody dealt with a credit card that actually demanded a secured interest? Did they reclaim the property? Or did they just give up?

Thanks!

I don't think they'll protest - they've sold spouse's account to - I don't even remember some "receivable" outfit...if they ever want their collateral back, tell them sure come on by! - they won't want it.

ALso, claim came into Ch 13 as UNSECURED.

Comment

Thanks! I just realized there is a similar thread on the C-7 forum... insert Twilight Zone music here... ;)

Comment

slingerland no worries - I think to an extent we're all in the Twilight Zone...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X