Attorney out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney out of business

My attorney is out of business since our plan started, all payments made now in Chapter 13, plan finished, but will I need an attorney for discharge procedures, or will the court just discharge it on their own. In PA. Any thoughts?

I would contract the trustee and see what you would need to do.

Most likely, nothing. Just continue to make your payments, and all will be good (that's my guess).

good luck.

Comment

There should be no issues for which you will need an attorney, the chapter 13 discharge is automatic, albeit agonizingly slow.

I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Thanks! I must say after 5 looonnng years, I wish the discharge procedures were faster, I feel more anxious now then during it! Just want some closure, hard to be patient, but I guess I'll try...

Comment

Originally posted by p49 View Post
          Thanks! I must say after 5 looonnng years, I wish the discharge procedures were faster, I feel more anxious now then during it! Just want some closure, hard to be patient, but I guess I'll try...
          I have about 3 years to go on a 5 year plan, and can't wait. In fact, I am going to pay it all off after 3 years in the plan, so I really only have about 1 year to go. I can imagine that it will be a great day when its over!

Congrats on getting it done! As many here have pointed out, its very difficult to get through a chapter 13.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
            I have about 3 years to go on a 5 year plan, and can't wait. In fact, I am going to pay it all off after 3 years in the plan, so I really only have about 1 year to go. I can imagine that it will be a great day when its over!

Congrats on getting it done! As many here have pointed out, its very difficult to get through a chapter 13.
            You are in a 100% plan, I assume?
            Filed CH13 - 06/2009
            Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X