top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a BK Attorney good or great…??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved my attorney. She was good friends with my first Trustee (he retired in the middle of my bk) and the judge. I never had any issues, so I don't think those friendships had any bearing on my particular case, nor would I have expected them to...but it's good to know your attorney has some rapport with the trustee and the judge.

But the main thing was, she was also on top of things - she never let anything fall through the cracks. She prompted me to get all papers in on time, she made sure I had completed the financial mgt. course and had it filed over a year before I had completed my plan. At the end, she made sure I understood what was going on, filed all remaining documents on time, etc. So my advice to anyone who is going to file bankruptcy is, get a well organized, efficient attorney who obviously knows what they're doing and does bankruptcy almost exclusively.
    Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

I've used the same attorney since 2004. I used them to initially file 7 in 2004 and then I filed 13 in 2009. I recently dismissed my 13 and will refile for 7 in July with them. What keeps them in good standing with me is the fact that when I have questions they get answered in a timely manner as well document requests. They're very personable and you're not just seen as another number in the firm. They pretty much know all the laws off top regarding the bankruptcy which should be the case for most bankruptcy attorneys, but its not. I've recommended them to some family and friends as well.

Comment

I love our attorney. Over the past couple of years, we had interviewed 4 and she was who we decided on. The reason I like her (we haven't filed yet), is she either emails or phones in the same day. She is easily accessible. She is fairly new 5-10 years experience, and she is a "go-getter". She said she does not like to lose. She does not employ paralegals, and handles all the preparations herself.

I am so happy with her - she is straight with us - telling us do's and don'ts. Her "free" consultation was 1.5 hours long where she explained many things to us.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X