top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just retained our attorney, and things are looking brighter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just retained our attorney, and things are looking brighter!

I feel like the weight of the world if off my shoulders. I really like my attorney, he seems to understand our difficult situation. Every time I call the office with a question, the paralegal is happy to answer. They are working on a payment plan that will work for us (non exempt assets). The best part so far, I now can tell the creditors to call my attorney, and the phone has stopped ringing!! I know that we have a long roller-coaster ride ahead of us, but I'm ready...

Well, u took the first step towards the goal of being out of debt. I was robbing Peter to pay Paul for so long B4 I filed and it was getting to be too much stress. I am 2 yrs into a 5 yr plan and so far so good. I was lucky enough to get a decent pmt amount and still have enough that I can survive it out. It was kinda hard learning to live a CASH ONLY lifestyle but now I love it. Sometimes I have very little left B4 payday but am good at living frugally for those few days. Good Luck It will all fall into place.
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

It really is an amazing feeling if you've been saddled with creditors for a while. I remember walking out of our 341 meeting feeling the happiest I had been in a long time. Good luck with everything! Bankruptcy really isn't as scary as everyone made it out to be. My biggest hurdle was swallowing my pride and putting aside the fear that people were going to judge me for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cantkeepgoin View Post
        I feel like the weight of the world if off my shoulders. I really like my attorney, he seems to understand our difficult situation. Every time I call the office with a question, the paralegal is happy to answer. They are working on a payment plan that will work for us (non exempt assets). The best part so far, I now can tell the creditors to call my attorney, and the phone has stopped ringing!! I know that we have a long roller-coaster ride ahead of us, but I'm ready...
        Yes, I still remember that feeling! We're 3+ years into our 5 year plan and have had some challenges (car repairs,letting go of the house etc) but generally doing well...we will go into retirement debt free and have that $1500 payment back in our hands! Good luck to you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X