Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accuracy of Claim Summary

Hi Everyone,

We filed last month, and our 341 meeting is tomorrow. I was reviewing the list of creditors on the 13datacenter Claim Summary page, and have a few questions:

1) What does "ADDED BY MATRIX" mean in the Claim Description column?
    2) Where does this information come from? Does it come from our credit reports, or information about our debts that we provided to our attorney?

I'm concerned because there are some medical bills that went to collection agencies, and those debts are not listed, even though we were careful to disclose all of our debts to our attorney. In other cases, the original creditor is listed even though the debt eventually went to a collection agency.

I’ll bring these discrepancies to our attorney’s attention tomorrow, but I was just curious about where the information in there comes from.

Thanks!

In a chapter 7, it is not as critical to list every debtor, but in a 13, it is of utmost importance that everyone be given a chance to participate.

You want to make sure that your original creditor is listed, and you want to list any and all collection agencies as well, even if it is just for information purposes only. Most will list the original creditor with the $$$ of the debt, and then the collection agency for informational purposes.

The information about you can come from a variety of sources, including notification to those that were on the original matrix, and then to those that were notified by them. Others can add themselves to the matrix in order to file claims and receive notification of all activity in your case.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X