Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had this experience?

Hi,

We filed what was originallly to be a Chapter 7. We filed August 2010. That was denied due to being over the median income. We converted our case to a Chapter 13 in April 2011 and are now on lawyer #4 due to first three lawyers leaving the firm. The firm has now closed their doors and that is why we are on lawyer #4.

Our first lawyer advised us to switch banks because we were with Wells Fargo and were told they are notorious for freezing accounts. We switched banks to US Bank. I was also advised by the 1st lawyer that it was ok to have a credit line for overdraft protection on the account. I was able to get a checking and line of credit for overdraft through US Bank. US Bank closed our overdraft protection account effective August 1, 2011, yet they continued to advance us funds up until this past Friday (Aug. 26).

So my questions for everyone are:

Have you ever heard of a Chapter 13 taking this long??
    Has anyone gone through 4 lawyers?
    If we really were not supposed to have overdraft protection, why would US Bank allow us to have one and why would they continue to advance money to our checking account after they closed it?
    Why did it take US Bank one year to close this account?

Thanks!

I should also mention that we switched to US Bank after filing in August 2010. The overdraft protection w/US Bank was opened after we filed.

Comment

Chapters 13 can take awhile to be confirmed if that is what you are asking, not unusual.

The best question is why were you writing checks for money you didn't have and going more in to debt?
      Filed CH13 - 06/2009
      Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

It is my humble opinion that you need to dismiss your Ch13, and wait at least six months, and then hire attorney #5. Start all over. You are so muddled right now that you cannot likely even think striaght.

To answer the immediate question, 'Hub and I had and still have our accounts at a Credit Union. Because CU's are member owned, we were considered 'bad members' because we had to file BK. Consequently, they closed our accounts and told us to move our arrangements elsewhere.

'Hub had been a member of this CU for more than 40 years and wished to stay with them. He spent several hours on the phone with their BK Department and worked everything out. We reaffirmed a loan on the car--which we intended to do anyway--it only had about another 12 months to run, and an Overdraft Loan account of $2.5K, which we also wanted to do.

So we did all this and everything worked out fine. If you wish to search out some of 'Hub's posts, his proper moniker is 'AngelinaCatHub'.

Good luck to you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X