No announcement yet.

Ch 13 and car payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new car 6 months before the interest was extreme however got it knocked down we wanted to buy another my husbands car really old old when i meantioned it to my lawyer a couple times he really stirred me away from it. I don't know why he said he couldn't advise me to buy a new car, My payment was more then the allowance however with the interest knocked down it put me right where i needed to be. The only thing if my hub car dies will have to figure that out when the time comes. Big decision

Comment

I upgraded my SUV to a new truck @ $559/month about 6 months before filing. Since it was a 6 year loan, this raised the effective payment to $600 when filing since it must be paid for in the 5 years.

I had a second @ $600 at the time.

While I got a ton of crap from the trustee for my "poor choice in vehicles" in the end there were no objections and I'm only paying 19% of unsecureds.

My car payment of $600 on our second car was a lease (paid inside of plan as required in my district) that expired 1 year into the plan. I was allowed a new car payment allowance of $450 and the remainder went into the plan so my plan payment dropped by the $450.

I would look to keep both under $500 and avoid high-end brands.
      19% dividend

Comment

I wanted to throw in that the financier will hold on to the title to the car till your 13 is discharged.

Comment

Believe it or not, my wifes car payment is $775 and mine is $500 and we live in CA and filed for Ch. 13 1.5 years ago. The trustee didn't bat an eye. I live in the N. Cali district. Good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X