Best Buy ? In chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy ? In chapter 13

We are in month 3 of confirmed chapter 13. Today is cut off day for claims.
    Got a letter from court and Atty on Friday. Originally we had best buy as unsecured for $7200. We have car and taxes in our 13 and 0 for creditors. Best buy is claiming $2k secured. Court letter says plan isn't feasible if this is included. Waiting to talk to Atty.
    I see in Repo forum that lots of 7 people just say " come and get it", of which they don't. Can I tell my Atty to tell them this? We can't afford to have our plan modified

I think you could "modify" the plan to "surrender" the best buy stuff...which of course would leave it up to best buy to arrange the surrender - if you mark this stuff as surrender, they can then ONLY put in an unsecured claim.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
      I think you could "modify" the plan to "surrender" the best buy stuff...which of course would leave it up to best buy to arrange the surrender - if you mark this stuff as surrender, they can then ONLY put in an unsecured claim.
      CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!!. As it is going, you could replace all the furniture with equal or better on either garbage day, or the first of the month as I have seen really good stuff on side of road. This I suppose is due to the loss of homes. Our County is shrinking big time in occupied houses, including one I once sold. Well I HOPE I will have some CHANGE in my pocket after all this stuff gets over (if it does). Stock market crashed 400 today. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X