Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation

Hi, my ch 13 case has been ongoing since June of this year after being converted from a ch 7. The case went to court for the confirmation hearing, but the lawyer showed up without his docs(he apologized to court) I haven't gotten much feedback from my atty since he got me into this program. I have been having to dig up documents for the trustee for this and that that I thought I had answered long ago. I am just wondering how long this is going to go on for before my plan is confirmed. And what would happen should I decide to just drop the whole thing?

Our plan took a year to get confirmed. The trustee had objections which we responded to. With the increase in chapter 13 filings in the state of CA, it's taking longer.

If you decide to "cancel", then you will not have the automatic stay protection so the creditors can start calling you again, sending letters, collecting for any interest on the debt that was stopped when you filed. Once you filed, it is on your credit report so this cannot be removed even if you decide to "cancel". This is just some of what we know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X