341 tomorrow.....I'm NERVOUS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow.....I'm NERVOUS!

I know I shouldn't be - but I'm a worrier. Also, my attorney is turning out to be somewhat of a putz - he said we'd meet before the 341, but blew me off for over a week of me emailing him. It took pulling teeth to get him to answer my questions!!!!!!

He said (today) that all we need to bring is the payment, our licenses and social security cards. Nothing else. I'm hoping we don't get there and end up not having something that the Trustee wants.

Wish me luck. I'm assuming none of the unsecured creditors will show up, since they'll get paid somewhere along the line. We're going to strip our 2nd mortgage with HSBC, who we haven't heard from in about 3 years (they wrote us off as bad debt, but we haven't received any calls from collection agencies, etc.). I think I'll just be happy to have tomorrow over with!

The tt is not going to want anything else. But it's ok, you have permission to worry tonight. Why should you be different from anyone else?
    Tomorrow it's all over and you can worry a whole lot less. Come here and we'll drink a virtual glass of wine to celebrate.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it went!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

psirasmom, I'm sure it will work out just fine. I had my 341 about a year ago, and all I had to bring was my payment, DL and SS card. My attorney handed to me a very large folder of my paperwork, which was never referred to once. Then the meeting went rather quickly, lasting probably less than 10 minutes.

Good luck.

Comment

Ours was just some general questions that were income related and proof of who we were. Some shuffling of the attorney's paperwork and that was about it. There were 25 other 341's she had to do that day. Lasted about 15 min. It wasn't even the trrustee, but her aide.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Interesting, I had to have my first payment in the trustee's office by 12/17. My 341 isn't until 12/21. I guess they all do it different. It is reassuring to see that they have received my first payment...I looked! Now to just find the building. Funny thing is I work DT and the building is about 5 blocks away but I took off work two hours early to make sure I find it. I might even walk down there on Monday so I am sure I know where it is.
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

See, that's was another question I had for my attorney - should I send in the suggested $150? He said no no, just bring the plan payment. ARGH!

Comment

Originally posted by psirasmom View Post
              See, that's was another question I had for my attorney - should I send in the suggested $150? He said no no, just bring the plan payment. ARGH!
              I got a letter from the trustee and the attorney CLEARLY stating that I needed to send in my payment beforehand. If you had to do that you would know, trust me on this one. They will tell you exactly what to do at your 341 meeting. Now take some benadryl and go to sleep. Tomorrow will come soon enough. Please post when it is done so we can celebrate with you!
              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

In any event, it will turn out O.K. My attorney sent me a letter beforehand to bring a money order "representing the first payment," which I did. Then I'm slightly deaf, and at my 341, I thought the trustee said to send in another payment "by next month." Turns out she meant within a week. :-) I didn't catch my mistake until about 6 months later, when I received a report.

Comment

I'm going to sign our papers to file tomorrow, and also very nervous! I wish that I could have a glass of wine/tea with you, or anyone else going through this tonight... Good luck to you, everything will work out great!!

Comment

Originally posted by cantkeepgoin View Post
                    I'm going to sign our papers to file tomorrow, and also very nervous! I wish that I could have a glass of wine/tea with you, or anyone else going through this tonight... Good luck to you, everything will work out great!!
                    Pull up a chair, I'm pouring.

Good luck, and soon you will be shouting TGIF!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Best wishes with the 341!

(And yes for spouse 13' we had to send the FIRST payment to the PO Box in Memphis w/in 30 days of filing.)

Comment

Ok, so it wasn't that bad at all. My attorney showed up about 15 minutes late, but apparently is quite familiar with the trustee as they were chatting about family, etc. She asked us to verify who we were, etc., asked about some of our income/expenses, and then had us sign a form showing what our proposed payment will be and when it will be due.

I was in a great mood until we hit the highway, and my low fuel light came on. Some loser SIPHONED my gas tank in the parking garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

CONGRATS on the 341!!!

So someone stole your gas...a perfect comment about our economy today......

Originally posted by psirasmom View Post
                          Ok, so it wasn't that bad at all. My attorney showed up about 15 minutes late, but apparently is quite familiar with the trustee as they were chatting about family, etc. She asked us to verify who we were, etc., asked about some of our income/expenses, and then had us sign a form showing what our proposed payment will be and when it will be due.

I was in a great mood until we hit the highway, and my low fuel light came on. Some loser SIPHONED my gas tank in the parking garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh crap.

I remember all that siphoning back 35 years ago or so.... during the oil crisis/odd/even days of gas lines... didn't realize we were back to that but not surprised... wasn't there some gadget that prevented that? The youngun's here probably have NO idea what I am talking about.

Oh well... grats on your nice easy 341 and keep that wine a-comin'
                            TGIF!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Congrats on the 341!

I used public transportation to get to my 341 last year in Boston. If you don't mind saying, did you use Boston or the one in western MA?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X