I must have broken too many mirrors, or walked under too many ladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must have broken too many mirrors, or walked under too many ladders

A deeper glimpse into our lives. As you know, 341 was quick and painless.

Well, Merry Christmas, my husband was laid off today.

Our attorney says "relax, make sure the mortgage is on time, and hold off on the trustee payment for now (not due again til January 15th) - we'll reconvene after the holidays to see if the plan needs to be modified".

RELAX??????????? SERIOUSLY???????

Aww - some times when it rains it pours. I think we all feel like we just can't catch a break most of the time. Hang in there...

Comment

I am so sorry, psirasmom. The timing sure does suck, too. I hope things turn around quickly for you. I am sending good karma and thoughts your way. {{{hugs}}}
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Aww that stinks. So sorry to hear. Sending cyberhugs and hopes for something better to turn up.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sorry to hear about your husbands job psirasmom...sending you good thoughts, prayers and wishes for the New Year. My dh lost his job after 25 years which is one of the reasons we are in this position. Looking back, it's been a blessing in disguise although it sure didn't feel like it when we were going through it. Stay strong!

Comment

I, too, am very sorry to read this. Is this temporary or permanent?
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Much support!!!!!!!!!!!! ARe you guys around boston? That area isn't...as bad as others...

Comment

Your attorney can say "Relax" cuz he's a bk atty and has lots of biz.
                Friend of friend is a real estate atty and is driving a cab to make ends meet. Can you imagine calling a cab to go to your atty's office and he picks you up?
                It's bad out there friends. Whoever says the recession is over is a seriously out of touch.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

At this point, we're fairly sure it's permanent. This company is the reason we are in this position (laid off from December-June this year as well) - they haven't won a bid on a project in a LONG time.

We are about 20 minutes north of Boston - he's in construction, it's bad.

I actually work for a real estate attorney - no cabs yet, but we've had a slow year. Done well because we do a lot of the credit unions in the state, who seem to be busier than the big box lenders. Thank god!

Comment

Perfect opportunity to convert to Chapter 7. Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                      Perfect opportunity to convert to Chapter 7. Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining.
                      This would be ideal, as long as no lien strip is involved.

Sorry to hear of your challenges, and hope you can pull through better for it.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

That would be great - BUT, my attorney tells me no! Looks like he may be going to work with an old company he worked for about 5 years ago - it'll be a pay cut, but it's income! Attorney says to give him a buzz when we know details, and he'll see if we need to modify the plan.

Merry Christmas everyone - today I counted the blessings that I have, and feel good about our future. This coming year WILL be better!

Comment

(And yes, we are trying to strip the 2nd - so that's a definite no go!)

Comment

Excellent, keep up those good thoughts and everything will be ok!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
                              I agree. It seems to me that Chapter 13 means the debtor must contribute all disposable income to the BK estate for 5 years, or until all the debt is paid off (is this accurate?) A loss of income just means less disposable income to be confiscated - unless of course the disposable income drops to below zero, which then becomes a different problem. Converting to Chapter 7 could end up putting you into an even better net position going forward - so convert now, and then your husband can look for another job.

BTW, you can commiserate at the Unemployment forum here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X