Near the end & have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near the end & have a question

Hello everyone. I am very, very close to the end, but not sure exactly when the end is going to be.

My bk was originally 36 months at $xx.xx dollars with a 16% payback to unsecured creditors.
    Starting at month 30, the payment amount was increased slightly & and plan length was extended to 51 months.

Anyway, now I'm having a heck of a time figuring out exactly when the plan will be finished.

Am I mistaken in the thought that this is how I calculate things?
    30 monthly payments x original payment amount
    21 months by increased payment amount
    & then subtract what I've paid into the plan

It would seem that I am only 1 payment away from finishing if I go by this.

But if I total the principal owed column, it would mean 2 more payments needed to cover them all as well as the trustee percentage.

Another thing, my plan base has always been $0.00 on 13 data center. No clue why.

My concern is the fact that there is no audit notes or anything listed to indicate I'm close to done. I'm probably getting worried over nothing, but I'm sooooooooo close to the end, so many months & I really want to move on to the next chapter in my life.

Thanks bunches in advance.
    ch 13 filed 10/2007 ~~ 341 meeting & Confirmed 12/2007
    Orginally - 36 mths, extended to 51 ~~ 50 payments down....1 to go!!!

Originally posted by Lynn12 View Post
    My bk was originally 36 months at $xx.xx dollars with a 16% payback to unsecured creditors.
    Starting at month 30, the payment amount was increased slightly & and plan length was extended to 51 months.
    Did you get a bump in salary is that why the payment plan was raised? I wasn't aware that they could "extend" a three year plan. What circumstances would allow them to do this? I ask because I am in a three year plan as well and don't want to get any surprizes at month 30.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Ours was extended because our lawyer didn't put in the proper amount for one of our secured debts. Our fault for not looking over the papers close enough, our lawyers for the intial mistake. I wouldn't worry about it since our situation seems fairly rare. The trustee requested the added months because there woud not be enough to cover the secured debt which has to be paid...
      ch 13 filed 10/2007 ~~ 341 meeting & Confirmed 12/2007
      Orginally - 36 mths, extended to 51 ~~ 50 payments down....1 to go!!!

Comment

I can only share what I have noticed in my plan. My payment is due on the 23rd of the month yet the trustee does not distribute the payment until the middle of the next month. So I would think depending on your due date and the trustee distribution time that you may only be one payment away. Now that said many filers seem to have to pay one or two additional payments before the trustee finishes his/her audit to verify completion and determines a refund is in order. I know it may not be what you want to hear but either contact your attorney to get the OK to stop paying or just keep paying and wait for the trustee to act.

Patience my fellow 13'er.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X