top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the time line between the last (60th) payment and letter from the trustee ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to get worried about its an internal audit at the trustee making sure everything is in order all payments are counted and all payees paid and satisfied.

Comment

I did my last payment in September, all creditors were paid in september and we had $1500 overpaid. it took all the way from then until last week for the audit to be complete and the trustee has closed his report and we just got our money back on Saturday. Now we have to sign a certification of compliance and then the lawyer files that but creditors were all notified of the discharge that will take place but they still can object up to 21 days. it's not likely because in a 13 they aren't allowed to object to a paid plan and the time for objections were before it was confirmed.. but they can object if you had a discharge of a 7 or a 13 within a few years (which we don't) and our equity can't be over $125,000 and thankfully it's not.

The delay with the trustees office is that in our district there is one accountant for each trustee and they are way behind, like four months. since this is a big navy town i guess everyone and their grandmother has filed. hounding the lawyer did absolutely no good because he wasn't the one who was behind and you can't hurry along a trustees office if they have a huge stack of cases and yours is in the pile.

but ours should be discharging soon. but for all of you wondering what's going on if you make your last payment and your not getting results.........9 out of 10 your trustees office is really backed up with cases

Comment

Originally posted by sore looser View Post
        What exacly is this audit...makes me nurvous. We will be through with chap 13 11/12...so close hope this audit doesn't mess us up
        Sore, don't worry about the audit. It's no big deal. It's simply your Trustee's final accounting of your case, going through your claims and how they were paid to make sure that everyone was paid and paid the amount they were told they would be. It's nothing more than that.
        Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

Originally posted by iknowcupid View Post
          I did my last payment in September, all creditors were paid in september and we had $1500 overpaid. it took all the way from then until last week for the audit to be complete and the trustee has closed his report and we just got our money back on Saturday. Now we have to sign a certification of compliance and then the lawyer files that but creditors were all notified of the discharge that will take place but they still can object up to 21 days. it's not likely because in a 13 they aren't allowed to object to a paid plan and the time for objections were before it was confirmed.. but they can object if you had a discharge of a 7 or a 13 within a few years (which we don't) and our equity can't be over $125,000 and thankfully it's not.

The delay with the trustees office is that in our district there is one accountant for each trustee and they are way behind, like four months. since this is a big navy town i guess everyone and their grandmother has filed. hounding the lawyer did absolutely no good because he wasn't the one who was behind and you can't hurry along a trustees office if they have a huge stack of cases and yours is in the pile.

but ours should be discharging soon. but for all of you wondering what's going on if you make your last payment and your not getting results.........9 out of 10 your trustees office is really backed up with cases
          This is true. I live in an area with about 11 or 12% unemployment and the Trustee in this district is very behind. For instance, I made my last payment in March 2011. I finally got my discharge the last of October 2011. So don't panic if it's taking more than a couple of months. The economy has been bad for several years - many more bankruptcies being filed and they're very behind.
          Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

I just got the forms from my laywers so that I fill them out and they will submit them to the Trustee. Going to sign them and hand deliver them to there office tomorow. I hope they will submit them in a timely maner,
            Arbyone

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X