Aggravated and Stressed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
    Why not just use the tax refund to fix the trans? Unless you own a Bentley, that should be doable...I'll likely be doing the same thing this year...

Good luck to us all.
    The car has 121 k miles, our other 126 k miles. Unless absolutely necessary I do not want to sink money into a car that blue books for less than $1000. Again, we HAVE to have a dependable second vehicle with my husband working away from home especially when both of them are getting up there in miles. Please tell me where you can replace a tranny for around $500 because that's about what our refund will be.

Comment

My SUV has close to 240K.

My van has almost 170K.

Both are driven daily.

Not knowing what your vehicle is, it's tough to give advice. If it's a fairly common car, your local junkyard may be willing to give you a hand.

I've had trans swapped in my SUV last year, for a total cost of $900 - used but with warranty. Had to do some shopping around, obviously.

Bluebook value means nothing. If it's a usable car - transmission problems notwithstanding - its utility value is what counts.

My $0.02 only...

Good luck to us all.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X