Minnesota Income Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota Income Taxes

Anyone from Minnesota??? Anyone...Anyone???

Our confirmation says nothing but that our case is confirmed.
    Nothing about submitting our tax returns to the trustee every year or turning over any refunds we get.

Someone on here told me way back, that they had the same trustee as us...and that the trustee didn't ask for tax returns the first year...but did ask for them the second year.

Our trustee didn't ask for anything last year. It is now our second year...haven't heard anything yet.

We are expecting close to $2000 back in Fed. & State taxes.
    So.....I'm wondering if I should wait to file our taxes for a bit and see if I hear anything from the trustee or not.

When I asked our lawyer about getting tax refunds in our meetings prior to filing, he basically said...if they don't ask, we don't tell. (seem odd, but he's very reputable)

Anyone got any comments for me?????
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

I'm from MN and the trustee or my confirmation says nothing about tax returns or giving up my tax refund. BTW, what is a step plan?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
      I'm from MN and the trustee or my confirmation says nothing about tax returns or giving up my tax refund. BTW, what is a step plan?
      Our step plan is this: We have three different payment amounts. $200/month for 15 months, $525/month for 12 months, then $850/month for 9 months.
      This is due to my husbands child support ending. Basically he was paying $325/month per kid when we started our 13. When his kids turn 18, his child support ends. That's why the trustee changed us to a step plan. Hope that makes sense.
      Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
      341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
      35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X