Another 13datacenter Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 13datacenter Question

I just checked 13datacenter tonight, and I just noticed it looks like they added over 20 more creditors under "listing of claims." Then unlike the other claims that were previously listed, where it says principal owed, the amount is $0.00.

I am confused, I thought that if creditors didn't put in their claim by 60 days after I filed, then they had no claim. Are they possibly just appearing, because I had listed them in my petition? Is this what usually happens? I am also 17/48 payments in, distribution to creditors just started last month, and this is the first I've seen of these "other" creditors in my 13datacenter information.

The accounts may have been sold from the original creditor to debt merchants, or transferred within the company to collection agencies for tracking. This might cause the new entries to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Slingerland View Post
      The accounts may have been sold from the original creditor to debt merchants, or transferred within the company to collection agencies for tracking. This might cause the new entries to appear.
      Some of mine were sold right after filing, and they usually have names like Ecast Settlment, Portfolio Recovery Associates, etc. I received notices in the mail, everytime they did this. These "new" ones seem to be creditors, that I had listed in my petition, but did not appear on the 13datacenter until now.

Comment

I know this is kind of dumb, but what I really wanted to know was since these "new" entries are listed as having a "principal owed" amount of $0.00, does this mean that they didn't file a claim?

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head, I had the same thing once the case was confirmed everyone that was listed on my petition ( including my landlord who I owed nothing to) was listed in the creditor list. I think it is just their way of matching apples to apples with the petition.

Comment

Thanks, I was confirmed about 6 months ago, but maybe my trustee is just getting caught up on some of these extra little things now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X