What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

We got a letter and a refund check from our trustee on Saturday stating our case was closed and awaiting discharge. I logged onto Pacer to see as well and there is a new document on there stating they cannot grant a discharge and we have to file a certificate stating that we owe no domestic support. (Hubby was married years ago but in their decree he was never ordered to pay alimony or child support because the kids were with us more than half the time. ) I don't get what is going on. There's never been anything saying that DH owes money? I'm assuming domestic support means alimony or child support? UGH! Just when I thought it was all over...There's a certificate attached to it and it either says we do owe or we don't. It says the debtor is required to fill it out whether or not we owe(ok just read that sentence, so maybe we have nothing to worry about?)

I know I don't ever post here but I"ve lurked for a few years and have learned a lot. this one just threw me for a loop. Thanks for any help.

btw: my name is Jen and we filed for BK back in 08

Everybody has to file that paper saying that they don't owe domestic support. It's a formality that was added when the law changed in 2005. I signed it (I think its Form 1328?) and it's filed with the court. Can't get a discharge without it

Comment

I did research after I posted and found that everyone has to do it. I was panicked for a moment thinking we owed something we didn't. Thank you!

Comment

Glad you figured it out! We had to file the Domestic Support Obligation paperwork as well, I think we all do Got a discharge a couple of weeks after the court entered it in!! Best of Luck to you!!
        Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
        130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
        100% Completed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X