Mortgage company reporting to credit agencies after Chapter 13 Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage company reporting to credit agencies after Chapter 13 Discharge

Chapter 13 was filed in 2008 and completed and discharged in June 2011. As I was would like to refinance my mortgage a year out from my discharge, I checked credit scores (hoping to see an increase since last checked in December 2011), but they dropped over 50 points!!! I'm trying to figure out why. Everything is being paid on time. It looks like my mortgage company is reporting my account as derogatory and not showing any current information (I have never been late on a payment to them). Has anyone else experience a drop like this and have any suggestions of what to do????

Your mortgage is probably reported as included in bankruptcy. which results in your mortgage disappearing from your credit score. ("unrated"/balance=0/no history)
    You might try calling your mortgage servicer's bankruptcy department and ask them to resume reporting since your case is discharged.
    Don't know if they will comply but it's really your only option, my second choice would be to dispute with a credit bureau and hope the
    bankruptcy designation is removed but that is a real long shot.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X