Job relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job relocation

We have been in Chapter 13 for almost two years. I have a great career opportunity that would require me to relocate. My husband runs a small business from our home and requires a workshop. We bought our current home from a family member 10 years ago and our house note is only $800 per month. I worry that if we are limited to $800 per month we would never find housing with a workshop in Houston. Would I be allowed to relocate to a house that is more expensive than the one we live in now? I currently pay about $1300 a month to the bankruptcy and we are only paying a fraction owed to the unsecured debtors.

I am in a similar situation myself, from what I understand it may depend on the trustee and the standards in your area to some degree....
    That being said there are some more details that would really be required to answer the question... what would be done with the current house? do you have any equity in it, or are you upside down? Will you make more with this new career opportunity? if so that could help your case. Also talking to your lawyer would be a good thing here to understand what is typical in your district.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X