In a CH13, converting to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a CH13, converting to 7

Really I am just nervous about dealing with any of this stuff. We have been in a CH13 for 2 1/2 years but we have decided to have the wife quit her job next month to become a full time homemaker because our childcare expenses are going to go up exponentially, to the point that with the increasing fuel costs, she will be at break even as far as income. The lawyer's office says that with her quitting it is a slam dunk, the reason she is quitting is unassailable, not to worry. *I* worry.

What is the process to convert a 13 to a 7? I have already stopped making the 13 trustee payments per our lawyers advice. Lawyer says don't throw good money after bad, you won't get it back and it'll take 60 days to get the trustee to move to dismiss. I used this months trustee payment to pay the conversion fee. I have our tax refund checks un-cashed sealed in the envelopes. I am hoping our lawyer can find a way to let us keep all or part of them, if not we'll have to give em up I guess.

Anybody know how difficult it is to do this? Do we need to attend another hearing?

Thanks

Good luck with it!!! Yes, you'll have a new 341, and indeed, the case you outlined is very legitimate.

Good luck to you!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X