top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Tax Return- will this reduce our payback time or allow early exit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Tax Return- will this reduce our payback time or allow early exit?

Hi folks,

I have been in a chapter 13 for 24 months now - my plan base amount is around 40K, with 24K being paid in so far or close.

I received an unexpected tax return which allowed an additional 5000.00 to be paid to my Trustee. I have a 100% payback plan, including secured and unsecured debts and is a 5yr plan.

My question is, doing the math, based on my monthly payment, I will have paid off the BASE well before the 60 month period. I'm not sure what happens after I meet the plan payment total amount, and still have say a 'year' or so left.

I would mention that some of our original unsecured creditor's claims were rejected by the court due to not filing on time or proving the debt accurately. Since these are in my mind, 'hanging out there', wondering if the court would try to pay some of these back with an extra amounts that I pay.

I live in Texas.

Thank you for any information!

Reasonably good chance you'll finish early or get some money back. Hang in there. They are unlikely to re-offer to those already denied. Especially in your debtor-friendly state .

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
      Reasonably good chance you'll finish early or get some money back. Hang in there. They are unlikely to re-offer to those already denied. Especially in your debtor-friendly state .
      Wow - do they ever 're-offer' creditor's a chance to refile long after those deadlines and rejections by the court has passed?

Comment

Occasionally folks here have mentioned that time has been extended for claims, but surely you would have known that by now. No way could they do that 2 years later. Relax, enjoy, and look forward to your refund.
        Surely if I am wrong someone will correct me

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thank you for your replies and information!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X