top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one has experience with starood / hyatt timeshare ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one has experience with starood / hyatt timeshare ?

hi, i am in the process of returning my timeshare to the developer, 1 for hyatt and 3 for starwood.

has anyone had any dealing with them in a chapter 13 filing?

they both sent over some deed in lieu for me to sign, i am having my lawyer looking it over, but in the mean time, just wondering if there are any tips / tricks out there?

i dont' want them to come back and slap me with some maintenance / late / transfer fee that happened during this process etc....

I can only relay this. We HAD a timeshare through Starwood. We originally filed a CH 7 in Sept. 2011. We agreed to surrender the Timeshare in that original filing. Our CH 7 was converted to a CH 13 in Feb, 2012. So NOW, the balance that was owed on the surrendered Timeshare shows as an UNSECURED debt on our creditor matrix. Unsurprisingly, they have not filed a claim in the 13 for payback, and I'm told that is not unusual for the Timeshare companies.

Good luck to you. I loved using our Timeshare for the few years we had it, BUT I would never buy one again, not even through re-sale, since the Maintenance fees are such a killer obligation every year.
    Filed CH 7 Sept. 2011 - UST Motion to Dismiss (presumption of abuse) Dec. 2011 - Converted to CH 13 Feb. 2012 - Plan Confirmation May 2012 - Expected Discharge June 2017

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X