Made use of emergency fund once again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made use of emergency fund once again.

I cant stress enough to keep an emergency fund. Whether in bk or not it takes discipline to not peck at it and isolate it until the time arises to utilize it.

Case in point: Within 3 days of one another the a/c in our house and car quit! Though not a life and death situation, it was absolute misery and panic stations with the temps above 95 and 90% humidity. My wife can not take the heat due to health conditions and was physically becoming ill. Our pets were suffering as well. Took several days to schedule and parts and labor to repair both came to $933.47. I am quite handy with repairing our vehicles and home, but a/c service requires special tools and a license to handle and purchase R-12 refrigerant. Pre bk I would have put the cost on a credit card and made payments over several months. What a great feeling to pay cash and not accumulate more debt. We can again sleep comfortably (in a cool house and having the repairs paid in full).
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Great news and great reminder

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X