Payment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment issue

My first payment is coming due...We signed up for automatic withdrawl at the attorneys office when we filed....the letter from the Trustee said we are to mail payments but if you signed up for automatic deduction to send payments till we see it start...We called the lawyers office and they said refer to what trustee says...so what do we do???...dont wanna have a deduction from checking and the a check clear, that will hurt us bad financially....any advice? Do we contact the trustee? I heard that was frowned upon....

Since you do have an attorney, contacting the trustee's office is indeed frowned upon.

Contact your bank or credit union first thing tomorrow, and cancel that automatic draw. Then shortly before your payment is due, go to the post office and but a money order for the amount due--costs about $1.40--and mail that to the trustee.

You can send a check, but if you are sending out other checks at the same time, or you have other automatic payment draws from your account, you run the risk that one will hit before the trustee's check clears. You do NOT want to have the trustee's check bounce.

We were an Asset Ch7 case, and had to make monthly payments to our trustee to buy our non-exempt stuff back from the BK estate. We sent a check one--and sweated bullets until we saw that it had cleared. The competitor there was the check for the light bill. Thereafter, we paid by money order. 'Twas much better for the 'peace of mind'.

Good wishes to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I only had to make my first month's payment on my own. By the 2nd month I noticed the payments were deducted on my paystubs. I also recieved notification from my employer on when the payroll deductions would begin.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        You can send a check, but if you are sending out other checks at the same time, or you have other automatic payment draws from your account, you run the risk that one will hit before the trustee's check clears. You do NOT want to have the trustee's check bounce.
        I am required to send only cashier's checks or money orders to my trustee. But now I am in the habit of using money orders for a lot of things like that, ie. IRS payments, state tax payments and mortgage payments. I too hate holding my breath until these "important" items clear

Comment

We sent our 1st personal check out today to the Trustee. We also will be checking to make sure it posts next week. Our checks are due on the first of the month & will be sending them out by the middle of the month for breathing room. 35 payments to go.sammie
          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Dolphindan1, we live in South Carolina also and sent personal checks for the entire 5 years. We just made sure they were mailed on time than watched on the datacenter for them to post and saw what debts were being paid. I also watched the checking account to see when the checks cleared our account.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
            Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X