top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion for Discharge 5 days to deadline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion for Discharge 5 days to deadline!

I have talked to my attorney on the phone about the motion for discharge, he answered my email about it also with an attachment for me to sign for the motion for discharge. After today there are only 5 business days left for the deadline to file it.
    I signed it and mailed it to his office per his instructions on 8/14.
    Is this normal to cut it that close?
    Chapter 13ner

Well I just got off the phone with my attorney and he confirmed that he received my motion yesterday and will clear his desk today and process and file the motion today. He was very cordial and understanding as always.
    What a relief!
    Chapter 13ner

Comment

Does that mean you are done? Did you do 60 months? congrats are in order! I am new here so hoping I am not wrong!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

No not done yet. The motion states that the creditors have 21 days to object (rare I hear) and then the discharge can be granted. According to Pacer the final audit and closing is issued approx. 5 weeks after this gets filed from the 30 or so motions I checked.
        Chapter 13ner

Comment

I just checked Pacer and my attorney did just what he said he would do and there is my motion for discharge!
          I know it isn't over yet but it feels so close I can touch it
          Chapter 13ner

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
            Does that mean you are done? Did you do 60 months? congrats are in order! I am new here so hoping I am not wrong!
            Sorry I forgot to mention I was 36 months but spent two years fighting the wolves beforehand so it feels like five years.
            Chapter 13ner

Comment

What was the "deadline" issue you mentioned in the original posting? Why would there be a deadline for anything the debtor needs to file at the end of Chapter 13?

Comment

In my district the trustee files a "Report of plan completion, Request for termination of wage order and notice concerning discharge". The case gets closed without a discharge if the attorney does not file a motion for discharge within 21 days.
                The case can be reopened if that happens with more court costs but who wants that headache.
                Chapter 13ner

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X