top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five More payments to go- what are my to do items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five More payments to go- what are my to do items?

It's been a long 4 1/2 years and I just mailed in payment #55... Five more payments to go... Curious what I have to do regarding working with my attorney regarding the discharge and post bankruptcy life (credit reports that properly reflect discharge, etc) ... I've taken the required financial classes.

If you are in IL southern I can tell you what to expect. I don't know if different districts in the same state handle things the same or not.

If you are in the southern district or if your district handles things the same then after you make the last payment the trustee will file a motion of plan completion, stop payments, and notice concerning discharge. Then you or your attorney if you have one needs to file a motion for discharge within 21 days or your case will be closed without a discharge.

You should receive a copy in the mail. You can also check 13datacenter and Pacer for the last filing date to see it sooner.
    Just stay on top of it with your attorney when the trustee files the motion. If there is anything else I will let you know because that is where I am right now.
    Chapter 13ner

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X